The first in a series that summarise what the Bible says about what we need to do to re-establish our relationship with Him – to truly become a ‘friend of God’.
Part 1: You are like God!
That seems far-fetched. That in some way, we human beings are like God who sees everything, knows everything, and can do anything.
- Is there even a God?
- Is there only one version of God?
- Which version of God should I believe in?
- What is the point of my life?
- Is there anything beyond the grave?
- our souls, the real us, are going to live forever – either in heaven with God, or in hell, a terrible place totally separated from Him.;
- that while we can never be good enough for God by ourselves, that the death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ has made that possible; but
- that to be good enough for God, we need to believe in Him, and then to act on that belief through repentance, baptism in water and being sealed by the Holy Spirit.
Getting to know God completes us in a very special way, provides a wonderful purpose and direction for our lives, and helps us through all of life’s difficulties and circumstances.
 Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image.
 Rom 2:6-8 (NLT) He will judge everyone according to what they have done. He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good, seeking after the glory and honour and immortality that God offers. But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness.
 2 Cor 5:21 (NLT) For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
 Acts 2:38 (NLT) Each of you must repent of your sins, turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to show that you have received forgiveness for your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
 John 15:14 (NLT) You are my friends if you do what I command.
 John 10:10 I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
NKJV: New King James version © 1982, Thomas Nelson, Inc.
ESV: English Standard version © 2001 by Crossway Bibles
NLT: New Living Translation © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.
AMP: Amplified Bible © 1954-1987 by The Lockman Foundation.