Tahlee is situated on the shores of beautiful Port Stephens. Surrounded by bushland with kangaroos and ducks grazing around the grounds. Gorgeous.
We had quite a mixture of weather at camp. First it was very warm then we had a cool change. On one of the evenings we had a lovely sunset dinner by the foreshore followed by a crackerjack of a storm! Down came the hail, rain and lightning. Unfortunately most of our cars got hail damaged so I guess the insurance companies will be busy!
We had a fantastic group of young people this camp, with brethren travelling from Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney, Wollongong, Central Coast, Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast, and one sister from San Pedro. We really enjoyed Rachael’s heartfelt testimony, as well as all the inspiring testimonies from our young people. The bonds and friendships made between the youngies was refreshing, it will be a strength to take with them into 2018.
This year’s theme was ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me’. Some of the thoughts I appreciated were:
- our biggest defining feature is that we are sons and daughters of the living God.
- stop what you are doing and think – distraction can get us at anytime
- everyone’s got a place; everyone is needed; contribute in a good way
- we can learn a lot from Jesus and His prayer life – after preaching all day and healing all day He retreats in prayer to recharge Himself
- live your life doing good things in secret and the Lord blesses us
- we are at our best when we are around each other – let the Lord prune you and make you healthy and happy
- pray in the good times so that when the bad times come, you will be prepared
- forgiveness is a huge weapon in the Lord. Forgive each other, people out there in the world. Forget the past, move on. Our destination is the Lord’s return. Be there on that day, only I can do it. Help my brothers and sisters along. Preach the gospel, stay at the crease.
The kids, youngies, mums and dads loved the seawater baths. There was a diving board and balance pole. It was entertaining watching the kids do their summersaults off the diving board, and trying to walk across the wooden pole without falling into the water.
We were also blessed with our brother Jonah (Central Coast) getting baptised. It is so exciting watching someone grow into a fine brother in Christ.
On our last night we had a farewell cake for three of our brethren who will be leaving Newcastle fellowship. Ben is going back to Adelaide, while Sam and Hayley are relocating to Darwin. We pray the Lord blesses their move and new adventures.
Tahlee was an amazing camp for us all. It refreshed our souls, recharged our batteries and empowered us to continue walking in the Spirit. It inspired us to be bold as lions, to step out in faith and share the good news to family, friends and our community.
Jenny (Central Coast)